'The Screen Test' Tournament
Taking place on June 19, 2012
To be played at Paramount Country Club - 60 Zukor Road
New City, New York
In the early 1900s, Paramount Country Club was known as Mountain View Farm. Upon arriving in Rockland County in 1918, Paramount Pictures head Adolf Zukor purchased three hundred acres of land in New City from Lawrence Abraham, heir to the A&S Department Stores. Young Abraham had already built a sizable house, a nine-hole golf course and a swimming pool on this property. Two years later, Zukor bought an additional five hundred acres, built a night house, guest house, movie theater, locker room, greenhouses, garages, staff quarters and hired famed golf architect A.W.Tillinghast to build an eighteen hole championship golf course.
When the Great Depression hit in 1932, the movie industry suffered. A year later, Paramount went bankrupt and Adolf Zukor's role was reduced to that of an advisor.
Following the reorganization of Paramount Studios, Zukor was unable to maintain his Mountain View Farm estate and he opened it for membership as a golf club. By 1948, the property was sold and became Dellwood Country Club. In 2011, Dellwood changed its name to Paramount Country Club.